A Smartphone Application for Active Office Furniture, Made in France
Sponsored Article by Ergonoma
Founded in 2017 to provide a response to the harmful effects of a sedentary lifestyle, MAKIBA designs and manufactures – in France – a complete range of highly customizable, height-adjustable active furniture.
MAKIBA’s objective is to democratize active furniture (adjustable in height) and to support its customers towards a new approach to daily work while continuing their approach aimed at improving the Quality of Life at Work.
Their solutions provide that degree of freedom necessary for your health, efficiency and creativity. At the office, the alternation of sitting and standing positions allows you to remain dynamic and reduces sedentary lifestyle. At home, you enjoy a space suitable for teleworking that you can also share with the whole family – young and old.
In order to ensure optimal use of their products, their solutions incorporate the latest technologies (connectivity, smartphone application).
They stand out through the use of LINAK motors – manufactured in Denmark, recognized for their reliability and quality of operation – a strong CSR commitment, a reasoned design in order to limit the impact of their products and the ability to produce tailor-made solutions.
The standard range:
• UGO: a fully integrated single station, quick to assemble and designed to use the least amount of raw materials. The chassis is only 27 kg while maintaining high characteristics (38 mm / s, 140 kg, stability)
• THEODORE: a design, scalable and customizable individual workstation (available in ER version: Electrical Ready). Designer: KLD Design
• ANNA: an active bench
• LEONIE: a low-budget height-adjustable meeting table
• INES: The collaborative, dynamic meeting table (adjustable in height) with central foot for an aerial design.
• French manufacture (Toulouse, Occitanie).
• Melamine tops made in France and made from more than 90% of “recycled wood” raw materials.
• A wide range of coverings: melamine (many colors), laminate, solid wood.
• Scalable products, adjustable in width, to replace only the top in the event of a change of layout.
• A control equipped with many features (memories, pulse mode, Bluetooth connection, visual alerts) and Flex Office compatible.
• A unique concept: Electrical Ready (ER). Availability of an «electrifiable fixed» version of some of their solutions for a mixed fixed-active layout with the same design. The Electrical Ready concept makes it possible to subsequently switch «fixed» furniture to Active mode (electrically adjustable in height) by adding an electrification kit (columns + control box).
• A strong CSR commitment:
– Local manufacturing: most parts are manufactured within an hour of their premises by strong industrial partners.
– Logistics unit in partnership with an adapted company aimed at promoting employment for people with disabilities.
– Optimization of packaging (recyclable cardboard) depending on the projects and transport to limit the environmental footprint.
Projects for 2021:
• Circular Booster Project – The Channels
MAKIBA is the winner of the national Booster Circulaire project, led by Les Canaux in partnership with Valdelia, aimed at supporting manufacturers in integrating second life materials into their design.
• Eco-design project
As part of its CSR approach, MAKIBA is launching a major eco-design project for its products. The objectives: to reduce the amount of raw materials used, favor recycled and recyclable materials and optimize manufacturing to reduce their impact.
• Development in Europe
With differentiating products and in line with the expectations of end users, MAKIBA has decided to develop its presence in Europe through local distributors. The team will be at the Ergonomics Village at A + A trade fair in October 2021 to meet its future partners.
• Product dedicated to teleworking
Convinced that teleworking will remain generalized after the current health situation, a small footprint desk is being finalized. It should be based on a single-column motorization (still with LINAK technology) and accept trays from 80 to 100 cm. The product should be presented in the coming weeks.