EOHS Management I – OHSE2740
September 6 @ 7:00 PM - December 6 @ 10:00 PM
Considers the theories and ideas underlying management and organisational behaviour. Supporting tutorials provide exposure to the more practical aspects of work in organisations. The course is organised to give a general introduction to human behaviour and management, including an examination of individual behaviour followed by the study of groups and group processes, the organisation, management and management practices.
On successful completion of the course students will be able to:
- Familiar with the theories and language of management and organisational behaviour;
- Able to critically discuss theoretical concepts and ideas from management and organisational behaviour;
- Able to apply the theories and concepts to case studies;
- Able to write essays at an academically acceptable standard;
- Able to develop and present a coherent case analysis, both oral and written; and
- Able to understand the basic elements of working in a group.