Certificate in Occupational Safety
January 11 @ 7:00 PM - April 29 @ 10:00 PM
This course is designed for working adults who wish to upgrade their skill and knowledge of the WHS industry.
Considers the fundamental principles and practice of chemical, fire and explosion, electrical, machinery and construction safety, with reference to Singapore OHS legislation
On successful completion of the course students will be able to:
1. Identify the physical, chemical, biological, mechanical and electrical hazards in a wide range of working environments;
2. Evaluate the potential consequences of identified hazards;
3. Develop strategies to eliminate hazards or minimize risk;
4. Prepare clear instructions and reports;
5. Identify relevant sections of OHS legislation and assess if legal requirements are satisfied.
In each unit of study, students will review relevant physical and chemical principles,
- both qualitatively and quantitatively;
- apply them to a range of industrial situations that could result in physical injury and/or environmental damage;
- and make recommendations for safety management procedures, which conform to legislative requirements.
- Construction safety;
- Machinery and plant safety;
- Electrical safety;
- Chemical safety;
- Fire and explosion safety;
- Radiation safety.